The AASAO provides the following information as a service to our members. AASAO is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, or damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided on this site is correct, complete, or up-to-date. Although this site may include links to other internet resources, the AASAO is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained on those sites. Links to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by AASAO of the organizations or their products and services.
Answers to Member Questions
- Member Question - Does your organization pick up sick/injured wildlife and DOA wildlife?
- Member Question - Who do you use for your supplies (leashes, etc)?
- Member Question - Cleaning product that other animal shelters use for daily cleaning? For disinfecting? Process used for disinfection?
- Member Question - Seeking assistance from anyone who has purchased a specially designed animal control vehicle recently.
- Member Question - Could you kindly send your current adoption fees for dogs and cats and what vetting, care is included before adoption?
Care & Sheltering Resources
- Zoonotic Diseases by Species
- Effective Hand Washing
- Removing Protective Equipment
- 2011 Shelter Standards from the Association of Shelter Veterinarians
- Data Collection Recommendations for Sheltering Agencies - NFHS
- Italy Shelter Quality Protocol 2014.pdf
- Zoonotic Disease Transmission
- Air Quality Resource from the Cornell University Veterinary School Newsletter
- Fr. Canadien Stds of Care in Animal Shelters_Supporting ASV Guidelines.pdf
- Zoonotic Diseases - Charts
- Zoonotic Diseases
- Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Different Disinfectants
- Infection Prevention & Control - Best Practices
- Canadian Standards of Care in Animal Shelters Supporting ASV Guidelines
- Guidelines for Standards of Care in Animal - Association of Shelter Veterinarians
Cat related Initiatives
- Lena DeTar – Addressing Feline URI in Shelters
- Lena DeTar – Community Cats and Return to Field
- Toolika Rastogi – reporting on cats in Canada
- Scott Weese – Animal transfer and canine influenza
- Phil Arkow – Making the cruelty connection
- Libby Pease – Diffusing conflict
- Grant Goodwin – Making Licensing Work for You
- Joan Weston - I Treat Protocol Assessment
- Shelter Medicine Association - Animal Hoarding
- Jim Tedford - Future of Animal Care, Control and Welfare
- City of Toronto -SNYP Truck
- Health Protection & Promotion Act - Communicable Diseases
- Health Protection & Promotion Act - Rabies Immunization