The Association of Animal Shelter Administrators of Ontario (AASAO) is an affiliation of professionals committed to excellence in the management and operation of animal care, control and welfare organizations.
Through the active participation of our members the AASAO provides the knowledge base, resources and solutions to assist members to grow as professionals, achieve the goals of their organizations and collectively, advance the animal care, control and welfare profession.
By striving to achieve our objectives, the AASAO enhances the value, effectiveness and standing of its members and at the same time, provides a significant benefit to the field of animal care, control and welfare.
- Recognize, enhance and promote the image and professionalism of animal care, control and welfare organizations.
- Serve as an umbrella association to support, cooperate and liaise with government, organizations and individuals who have an interest in the animal care, control and welfare fields in Ontario.
- To provide educational opportunities for people who have an interest in the animal care, control and welfare fields.
- To share knowledge and promote all aspects of progressive and innovative animal care, control and welfare programs and models.
- To act as an information and resource centre for animal care, control and welfare materials and services.
For more information about the AASAO, please visit our Membership page.